THIS EXHIBITION OCCURRED IN THE PAST
Imagine standing on stage surrounded by the Australian Chamber Orchestra’s virtuoso musicians, feeling the energy of Artistic Director Richard Tognetti playing his priceless Guarneri del Gesù violin or getting up close to Principal Violinist Satu Vänskä’s Stradivarius.
Cutting edge audio-visual installation ACO VIRTUAL takes you there.
Fusing digital technologies with visual and sonic innovation, this ground-breaking interactive installation allows you to conduct and even play with the ACO.
- See how fast the musician’s fingers move;
- Hear the sounds of each instrument whirl around you;
- Experience what the cellos sound like on their own, or the violas – or even just the double bass;
- Follow along with the projected musical score;
- Bring your own instrument and play along with the installation;
- Take the helm of the ‘greatest chamber orchestra on earth’ and stand in for Richard Tognetti himself
Don’t miss this extraordinary new way to experience music.
|Dates:||Saturday, 19 March – Monday, 2 May 2016|
12.30pm-1.00pm daily – enjoy a 30 minute uninterrupted ACO Virtual concert screening
|Bookings:||Not required. *Group bookings are essential. Please complete the Booking Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please click to view the Risk Assessment and details of education sessions|
|Age Group:||All ages|
Image: Jack Saltmiras ACO Virtual
ACO VIRTUAL was produced by the Australian Chamber Orchestra and Mod Productions.
Michela Ledwidge, Artist and Director
Richard Tognetti, ACO Artistic Director
Mish Sparks, Executive Producer
Cristina Dio, Producer
Simon Lear, Sound Designer BSound