The Ipswich Art Gallery’s Education Program offers creative, student-centred learning opportunities aimed at pre-prep to high school students via hands-on workshops, interactive activities, guided tours, artist talks and performance programs. The Gallery also offers professional development workshops for teachers.
Guided tours are presented by Gallery staff and many programs involve relevant industry professionals. Previous programs have involved visual artists, animators, puppeteers, chefs, musicians, dancers, entomologists and rangers. The Gallery’s Education Program aims to:
- directly engage students with artworks and objects.
- encourage students to describe, analyse, interpret and evaluate artworks and objects
- present meaningful, student-centred learning activities.
- encourage students to engage with artworks, concepts and processes in creative ways
- present cross-curricula learning opportunities
- connect industry professionals with students and teachers
Subscribe to Gallery’s e-Newsletter for the latest information about upcoming class workshops and tours as well as professional development opportunities for teachers.
Planning a class visit? We’ve got some tips on how to make your Gallery experience a special one as well as suggestions for other nearby Ipswich attractions you may wish to see.
All Education Programs are free unless stated otherwise.
Free guided or self-guided general Gallery tours for school groups are also available. Please tell us your excursion requirements and Gallery staff will tailor a group tour accordingly. Please Contact the Gallery for more information or make a booking by completing the Booking Form.