The Ipswich Art Gallery offers creative, student-centred learning opportunities aimed at pre-prep to high school students via self-guided tours, interactive activities, and occasional workshops and artist talks. The Gallery’s education program aims to:
- directly engage students with exhibits, artworks and objects
- encourage students to describe, analyse, interpret and evaluate artworks and objects
- present meaningful, student-centred learning activities
- encourage students to engage with artworks, concepts and processes in creative ways
- present cross-curricula learning opportunities
- connect industry professionals with students and teachers.
Subscribe to Gallery’s e-Newsletter for the latest information about upcoming exhibitions suitable for class visits as well as professional development opportunities for teachers.
Planning a class visit? We’ve got some tips on how to make your Gallery experience a special one as well as suggestions for other nearby Ipswich attractions you may wish to see.