Where art, heritage and friends meet…
Join the Friends of the Ipswich Art Gallery program: it’s a fun, social, creative and educational way to engage with exhibitions and events at the Gallery! Members are invited to participate in a program of events including exhibition previews, talks, workshops and tours. A highlight of this program is the ‘house tour’ – each year opening the doors to one of our region’s superb heritage houses. This popular event is enjoyed with the benefit of historical anecdotes by guest speakers and delicious food – all in the company of good Friends! Revenue generated through the Friends program is invested into the acquisition of art work and heritage items for the Ipswich Art Gallery Collection.
Other benefits of Friends’ membership include:
- 10% discount on purchases from The Gallery Shop*
- access to special events, lectures & excursions with special previews of major exhibitions
- educational opportunities
- discounted admission for workshops and special programs at Ipswich Art Gallery
Annual memberships from 1 July to 30 June each year cost:
- Individuals $25
- Couples $40
- Families (up to 6 persons) $50
- Concessions $20
- Volunteers $15
*Does not apply to stock on consignment.